-->

pretty rare in the videos I have analyzed

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    wech Index du Forum -> WECH -> PRESENTATION
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Labi1995
Wecheur Pro
Wecheur Pro

Féminin Bélier (21mar-19avr) 鷄 Coq

MessagePosté le: Ven 9 Nov - 02:43 (2018)    Sujet du message: pretty rare in the videos I have analyzed Répondre en citant

A new study on barefoot running Kenyans has made its rounds through the media over the past few weeks. I first read about it in an Nike Air Max 2016 Donne article on the Scientific American website. Amby Burfoot then wrote about it over on Runner’s World, and also interviewed the author of the study. Yesterday, Gretchen Reynolds of the New York Times posted an article about the study on the Well Blog. I’ve been thinking about the results of this study quite a bit, and given my interest in the subject, as well my own past research on foot strike,Nike Air Force 1 Womens thought I’d post my own thoughts as well.The article is authored by Kevin Hatala of George Washingotn University and colleagues and is titled “Variation in Foot Strike Patterns during Running among Habitually Barefoot Nike Air Vapormax Femme Populations.” It was published in the on-line, open source journal PLOS One (you can read the full text here).The Hatala study certainly is thought provoking, and it raises a number of interesting questions regarding the factors www.anbilazio.it that determine how our foot strikes the ground when we run.The group filmed 38 individuals (19 male, 19 female) from a habitually barefoot tribe in Kenya (the Daasanach) as they ran along a packed sand surface onto a pressure mat. In his interview with Amby Burfoot, Hatala describes the surface as “…a firm sand surface. It has a little give, but it’s not at all like a beach sand.” The running trackway was about 15m long. It is not clear to me if any warmup running was conducted. The runners each ran along the trackway 3 times at a self-selected endurance running pace, and 3 times at a sprinting pace.The group Nike Dunk SB Low Donne defined foot strike based on the location of pressure recorded by the mat at initial contact:“A RFS was identified as a trial in which the first data frame included pressure on the heel only. A FFS was identified as a trial Nike Air Max 2016 Femme in which plantar pressure was exerted only on the forefoot (metatarsal heads) at touchdown. The heel almost always contacted the ground in these cases, but not until later in the stance phase. A MFS was considered to include trials where initial contact occurred at the lateral midfoot (cuboid/base of the 5th metatarsal), and also those trials where initial contact included both the heel and forefoot.”I would quibble a bit with their definition of a forefoot strike since contact way up by the metatarsal heads is pretty rare in the videos I have analyzed over the years – I tend to view a forefoot strike as one that Nike Air Max 90 Femme involves initial contact anywhere from the base of the fifth metatarsal forward without concurrent heel contact. A midfoot strike would only include those landings with simultaneous heel and forefoot contact. As such, I’d Nike Air Max 90 Donne Rosa be wary of interpreting too much from the rarity of “forefoot strikes” in their results.At average endurance running pace (3.3 m/s, or a bit over an 8:00/mile pace, though the individual range was up to a 12:30 min/mile pace), 72 percent of the foot strikes observed were heel strikes, and 28 percent were midfoot/forefoot. They did not break this down by individual, so it’s hard to know if, say, the 28% who were midfoot/forefoot striking were doing so in all of their trials (this data would have been helpful). At the fastest sprint paces (6-7 m/s, or about 3:50-4:30 min/mile) they observed 40% heel strikes and 60%Nike Air Huarache Hombre midfoot strikes (note that they observed no forefoot strikes at the fastest pace range, which I think has mainly to do with how they defined a forefoot strike as contact at the met heads). They found a significant speed Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 34 Mujereffect – the subjects were more likely to switch to a midfoot/forefoot strike as speed increased.

MessagePosté le: Ven 9 Nov - 02:43 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    wech Index du Forum -> WECH -> PRESENTATION Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation